How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Kingston
Fall is upon us in Kingston, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Kingston a call at 845-663-1025 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!