Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Kingston and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often increase. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Kingston winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Kingston experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Kingston.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Kingston a call at 845-663-1025 or check out our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.