Winters in Kingston might mean a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home during this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are fashioned to complement your home and bring warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Kingston collection provides a different style for your Kingston home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for an everlasting look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection highlights simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to your space with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they walk up to your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that have more information on the types of wooden doors available to you from Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is right for your home? There are lots of advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are additional factors you should discuss:
- Because the doors are comprised of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other special features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door your own. You can also emphasize your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on your climate, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors usually require an overhang, so you will want to remember that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors could help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even diminish noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in a variety of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. And it isn’t difficult to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for added light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the ideal door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easier to repair. However, to keep them looking their best, they require regular painting or varnishing on a more timely basis.
The entryway is the main point of any home. If you are wanting an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your house, visit with our Pella Windows and Doors professionals about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Kingston showroom or arrange an appointment with us online.