Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Kingston, NY Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Kingston. And with a little spring-cleaning, those windows will shine, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or something else, no one wants streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a few of these cleaning tips when you start your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun could actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so use that cloudy day to get your cleaning completed.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see the results.
- Always begin at the top when washing your windows. Doing so keeps your drips heading to your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Utilize an old towel or paper towel and place it at the bottom of the window to catch any drips to keep them from settling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make certain you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips got through, it will help guard the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors can help provide proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Kingston today and check out which windows are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.