The Entrance to Your Kingston, NY Escape Hinged and Sliding Patio Doors
A patio is an important piece of a home and its overall environment. Not only does it act as a great spot for entertaining, but a patio can also inspire us to get out a bit more and breathe in some fresh air. That’s why it shouldn’t be a big surprise that the entranceway to the patio is just as important. Regardless if it’s a hinged or sliding patio door, it can deliver a lot more than just being one more door in your home.
Whether you’ve just built a patio for your home and are looking for a new sliding patio door or you are simply swapping an old one, there are a number of choices to choose from when you kickoff your research. We thought it might be helpful to make the process a little easier by breaking down a few of the basics of the most common patio doors you will find available.
Sliding Patio Doors
One of the perks of sliding patio doors is that they don’t swing open, meaning you have more space to work with when you decorate and arrange the furniture. Sliding patio doors also let in a great deal of natural light, adding a warm glow to your home.
So what do you need to know about sliding patio doors to help you determine if they are right for your home? Here are a few helpful tips to help you in your hunt:
- Available in naturally beautiful wood, durable fiberglass and low-maintenance vinyl.
- Doors are made with one panel so that they easily slide to one side.
- Two, three or four panel models are available.
- Come with a number of grille styles to select from.
- Add on a traditional insect screen or Pella’s Rolscreen® retractable insect screen.
- A number of hardware finishes are available.
Hinged and French Patio Doors
Hinged and French wood patio doors are another great choice providing craftsmanship that adds character and beauty to any area in your home. With the choice between two doors that swing open from the middle or two doors, one movable and one fixed, you can meet the needs of your home to help ensure superior functionality and practicality.
Hinged and French patio doors tout a lot of similarities to sliding patio doors, offering you great flexibility and customization to meet your design and function needs.
- Hinged doors come as single or double doors.
- Doors can open from the right or left.
- The wood construction can be protected by a low-maintenance. EnduraClad finished aluminum exterior cladding (available in Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella ® ProLine 450 Series).
- Multi-point locking system available for additional security.
- Satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass and white hardware finishes.
- A number of grille options available attached directly to the glass, between the panes of glass or removable.
Patios are a wonderful addition to Kingston homes, and hinged and sliding patio doors are a wonderful way to show off this amazing feature. If you want a closer look at all of the hinged and sliding patio doors available from Pella Windows and Doors, drop by our Kingston showroom, give us a call at 845-663-1025 or set up an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.