Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Kingston home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and involve a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to particular door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Kingston, give them a call at 845-663-1025 or plan an appointment online to consider all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.