What You Need To Know About Patio Doors: Hinged vs. Sliding for your Kingston, NY home
Adding or replacing patio doors in your home can come with a lot of things to think about. From color to material type or product line, there are a lot of choices to ponder. Among these choices is the important decision of whether you go with a hinged or sliding patio door. Both are great options and give you their own unique benefits, but in the end there is one that will work best with your home and style.
Not sure which option is right for your home? Here’s some more information to help you decide whether you should purchase a hinged or sliding patio door.
Sliding Patio Doors:
- If room is tight, a sliding patio door is most likely the ideal choice given that they don’t require room to swing open
- Due to their construction they are easy to maintain
- Their large glass panels allow for the most natural light
- Offer a contemporary look for modern homes
- Pella Sliding Doors are equipped with a foot bolt lock to open the door about three inches to allow for ventilation.
Hinged Patio Doors:
- Offer a bigger opening for more foot traffic and allow for furniture to pass through easily
- Draw the eyes outdoors due to their intricate accents
- Have a low threshold to make coming and going easier
- Offer a more classic look
- Pella Hinged Doors offer a multi-point locking system for added security
Every home has its own unique needs, whether it is comfort, style, or functionality related, which is why we have both hinged and sliding patio doors. No matter which product line or material you pick, we have options to help meet those needs. Whether you prefer wood, fiberglass or vinyl, we can help find the right product for you.
When you purchase a Pella® patio door in your Kingston home you’re not only getting the aesthetic benefits, you’re getting the innovation that Pella® products offer. Our features show off the attention to detail that you’re looking for.
Whether you have a question about which patio door would be best for your home and your budget or just want to see a few different options, give the experts at your Kingston Pella Showroom a call at 845-663-1025.