Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your home. So, whether you’re aiming for a tranquil feeling or something bright to display your personality, you’re bound to discover an idea here! Here are eight tips to dress up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a dash of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to express your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that covers your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a tad too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love decorating for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try changing out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you prefer!
- If you’re having issues finding the perfect pattern for your curtains, don’t hold yourself to traditional window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To spruce up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.