At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Kingston. Whether it’s done through our internal business practices or providing energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits all year long.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on your climate. The styles below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Call your Kingston Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our recommendations for the Kingston region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can determine energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to provide increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Kingston Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Discover more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.